|Main Page||S-121 News||Project Team||Meetings||Standard||Implementation||Exchange Formats||Documents|
- 1 S-121 Example Datasets
- 2 Implementation Examples
- 2.1 Example 1 - Territorial Sea defined by a zone
- 2.2 Example 2 - Territorial Sea defined by its outer limit
- 2.3 Example 3 - Territorial Sea defined by a point island
- 2.4 Example 4 - Territorial Sea line segment and treaty source
- 2.5 Example 5 - International boundary complex
- 2.6 Example 6 - Territorial Sea defined by two points
- 2.7 Example 7 - Territorial Sea line segment defined by text
- 3 S-121 Test Plan
S-121 Example Datasets
The following ArcGIS XML workspace files represent example datasets. While they are based on real places, they are not authoritative data and are not intended for any purpose aside from proof of the abilities of the S-121 data model.
Australian Example (Macquarie Island)
- File:S121 MASTER WITH AUST EXAMPLE 4APR2018.zip
- File:S121 AUS EXAMPLE ALL CS AND NZ TREATY 8MAY2019.zip
- These examples have S121_Point, S121_Curve and S121_Surface implemented as attribute tables, which are related to a separate feature class used to store the geometry.
- The second file (8MAY2019) has the same contents as the first file (4APR2018) with the addition of two treaties with New Zealand and the Continental Shelf Zone for all of Australia (in addition to Macquarie Island area)
- File:S121 MASTER VERSION B WITH AUST EXAMPLE 4APR2018.zip
- This example has S121_Point, S121_Curve and S121_Surface implemented as feature classes with geometry and associated attributes.
Technical documentation about loading data into the data model.
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Single Point Example
- In preparation
ArcGIS XML Workspace Usage
- Download the .XML file (above).
- Create a new empty Personal or File Geodatabase.
- Use the Import XML Workspace Document tool to import the .XML file into the new target Geodatabase. The import type should be "DATA".
- View the contents of the Geodatabase using ArcMap or ArcCatalog. The "Identify" tool can be used to query features and their relations.
Unpopulated Data Model
File:S121 MASTER EXPORT.XML for ArcGIS systems which reflects the latest object model (implemented above in the Macquarie Island example). This can be used to create test data conforming to the latest object model.
Theoretical Example Dataset
The following example was created for the purposes of illustrating one possible GIS implementation of the S-121 standard. The XML schema was created using fictional data, and should not be interpreted in any way as being the maritime limits and boundaries of any real state. As the schema was created for example purposes, at this time metadata has not been produced in conjunction with the XML shell. The S-121 project team strongly recommends that any geospatial information produced in a S121, or other standard format, have accompanying metadata, and further recommends that the Open Geospatial Consortium specifications for metadata be adhered to, as well as the ISO TC/211 international standards.
This example depicts, using the S-121 data model, the core Maritimes Limits and Boundaries of three different States. This example shows only part of the data model capacities, mainly how fully enclosed geospatial components are linked to the administrative components, and how the same extent can be shared between two or more parties (see the 2 joint development areas defined).