|Main Page||S-121 News||Project Team||Meetings||Standard||Implementation||Exchange Formats||Documents|
- 1 S-121 Standard Components
- 2 Known Implementation Issues
- 3 Meeting Documents (most recent listed first)
- 4 General Links
- 5 S-100
- 6 UNCLOS
- 7 "The Future We Want"
- 8 Presentations
- 9 OGC Pilot Project
- 10 Files held in this wiki
S-121 Standard Components
|S-121 HTML Interactive Model||S-121 Maritime Limits and Boundaries HTML Interactive Model 29th Nov 2017||-||29th November 2017|
|S-121 Enterprise Architect Model||Enterprise Architect Model||-||22nd March 2018|
|S-121 Cover Page||Cover Page||5.0||7th March 2018|
|S-121 Draft Overview||Draft Overview||1.0||5th April 2018|
|S-121 Draft Product Specification||Draft Product Specification||1.0||5th April 2018|
|S-121 Derivation of Classes||Derivation of Classes||1.0||5th April 2018|
|S-121 Draft S-121 Encoding||Encoding||3.1||12th June 2017|
|S-121 Feature Model||Feature Model||1.0||5th April 2018|
|S-121 Governance||Governance||-||14th September 2017|
|MLB Features||Features - Diagram||-||14th September 2017|
Known Implementation Issues
- Add attribute “name” to the implementation model, the definition may need revision.
- Add attribute “legalID” to the implementation model for all feature objects and “BasicAdministrativeUnits”.
- Reorganize attribute order in a logical sense.
- Review the definitions to ensure clarity.
Meeting Documents (most recent listed first)
PT7 December 3rd-7th 2018
* Schedule & Remote Connection Details: document * Agenda: will be available after September teleconference * Invitation Letter: available upon request for visa requirements * Participants: available after the meeting * Registration Form: document * Minutes: available after the meeting * Presentations: available after the meeting
PT6 October 30th 2018
* Invitation Letter: document * Schedule & Remote Connection Details: document * Agenda: document * Participants: available after the meeting * Minutes: available after the meeting
PT5 March 28th-29th 2018
* Schedule & Remote Connection Details File:Webex Details 28-29 March 2018.docx * Agenda File:S121-PT5 Agenda-28-29March2018.pptx * Participants File:S121 PT5 Participants.xlsx * Minutes File:S121 PT5 Minutes Final.docx * Presentations OGC Pilot Project Update * OGC Pilot Proposal File:OGC S121 Pilot Proposal V3.1.pdf
PT4 December 4th-8th 2017
* Schedule & Remote Connection Details File:S121PT4 Schedule RemoteConnection.docx * Agenda File:S121PT4-Agenda.xlsx * Invitation Letter File:S121PT4-InvitationLetter V1.pdf * Logistics File:S121PT4-LogisticLetter V1.pdf * Participants File:S121PT4 ParticipantsList.xlsx * RegistrationForm File:S121PT4-RegistrationForm V1.docx * Minutes File:S121 PT4 Minutes Final.docx * Presentations (To be provided) * DOALOS: File:20171204 doalos GIS S121 4th.ppt
PT3 September 20th-21st 2017
* Agenda File:S121-Work Advancements-20-21Sept2017.pptx * Minutes from September 2017 Meeting File:S121 PT3 Minutes.docx * Encodings - Doug O'Brien File:S121 Encoding Revised2.pptx * HTML table / xSLT - Jonathan * Table of point locations - ? * Work Advancements File:S121-Work Advancements-20-21Sept2017.pptx * UNGGIM 2017 Presentation File:UNGGIM Presentation 2017.pdf * DOALOS Format Example DOALOS Format Reference * UKHO Format Example File:UKHO Format Example.pptx
PT2 May 10th-11th 2017
- Minutes from May 2017 Meeting
- List of Resolutions from May 2017 Meeting
PT1 December 5th-9th 2016
- Minutes from December 2016 Meeting File:S121 PT1 Minutes.docx
- List of Actions from December 2016 Meeting File:S121 List of Actions.xlsx
- Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS)
- Maritime Space: Maritime Zones and Maritime Delimitation
- United Nations Maritime Map
S-121 takes a practical step toward achieving the vision of the S-100 standard. The International Hydrographic Organisation's (IHO) S-100 is a universal hydrographic data model that supplies a framework for the development of digital products used by hydrographic, maritime and GIS communities.
An update about S-121 was presented to the S-100 Working Group on 13 April 2018. Document
The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), or Law of the Sea Convention, is an international law that defines the rights and responsibilities of nations with respect to their use of the world's oceans. S-121 product definition is a framework based on UNCLOS rights and responsibilities.
"The Future We Want"
158. We recognize that oceans, seas and coastal areas form an integrated and essential component of the Earth’s ecosystem and are critical to sustaining it and that international law, as reflected in United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), provides the legal framework for the conservation and the sustainable use of the oceans and their resources. We stress the importance of the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans and seas and of their resources for sustainable development, including through the contributions to poverty eradication, sustained economic growth, food security, creation of sustainable livelihoods and decent work, while at the same time protecting biodiversity and the marine environment and addressing the impacts of climate change. We therefore commit to protect, and restore, the health, productivity and resilience of oceans and marine ecosystems, and to maintain their biodiversity, enabling their conservation and sustainable use for present and future generations, and to effectively apply an ecosystem approach and the precautionary approach in the management, in accordance with international law, of activities impacting on the marine environment, to deliver on all three dimensions of sustainable development.
159. We recognize the importance of UNCLOS to advancing sustainable development and its near universal adoption by States, and in this regard we urge all its Parties to fully implement their obligations under the Convention.
30 Jul. 2018 - UN-GGIM Update Presentation document 06 Jun. 2018 - OGC Pilot Project Meeting document 05 Jun. 2018 - OGC Marine Domain Working Group document 17 May. 2018 - (HSSC) Report of the / Proposal by the S-121 Project Team Progress Update document 17 May. 2018 - S-121 MLB Status Report document 28 Mar. 2018 - Canadian Examples of the S-121 Standard on Maritime Limits and Boundaries document 22 Mar. 2018 - Generic Overview of S-121 document 29 Nov. 2017 - S121 Status Report for Pacific GIS/RS User Conference document 29 Nov. 2017 - IHO S-121 Presentation to ISO 19152 ad hoc group document 07 Nov. 2017 - S121 Status Report for HSSC9 document Sep. 2017 - S-121 Vision and Use Cases File:3.2 S121 Use Cases.pptx 21 Sep. 2017 - UN-GGIM Presentation document 20 Sep. 2017 - Work Advancement Meeting document 20 Sep. 2017 - Governance Presentation document 20 Sep. 2017 - Encoding Presentation document 12 Sep. 2017 - S121 OGC Southhampton Presentation document 12 Jun. 2017 - S121 An Introduction and Standard Presentation document Jan. 2017 - S-121 Luncheon Presentation document 05 Dec. 2016 - S121 Development Approach Presentation document
OGC Pilot Project
Collaboration has been initiated with the OGC Innovation Program to develop a Pilot Project.
Files held in this wiki
- Filelist - List of all files held within this wiki. In general files should be included as links in the appropriate wiki page.